Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Symptoms – Strong urge to urinate, painful urination, blood in urine, pelvic pain (women) or rectal pain (men).
- DX – Usually from a urine sample, other tests may be needed.
- TX –Usually antibiotics.
- Symptoms – Leaking urine; may get worse.
- DX – Tests to measure bladder capacity, bladder pressure and sphincter strength.
- TX – Depends on the degree of incontinence.Behavioral/muscle training, medication, minimal intervention/devices, surgery.
- WOMEN – Sling; pelvic floor reconstruction.
- MEN – Artificial urinary sphincter; surgical BPH intervention; urethral bulking.
Hematuria (blood in urine)
- Symptoms – Pink or red color in urine.
- DX – Check for infection, kidney problem/injury, prostate enlargement in men, other sources of irritation.
- TX – Depends on the source of the problem.