Care Coordination Services
What is HealthWatch™?
HealthWatch™ is an Associated Urological Specialists care coordination program that is funded by Medicare to help improve the health outcomes of our patients who are Medicare beneficiaries and have been diagnosed with two or more qualifying conditions. Working in close partnership with your physician, our Care Specialists will help you manage your symptoms and stay on track with your health goals.
By providing chronic care management services to qualifying patients, we directly contribute to improving the quality of care you receive and aid your physician in providing you with the best-in-class resources for your conditions. HealthWatch is one of the largest providers of chronic care management services in the United States with a team of Certified Medical Assistants that specialize solely in chronic care.
How Chronic Care Management Works
Your AUS doctor has partnered with HealthWatch, a secondary provider of chronic care management services. A representative from HealthWatch will contact you to introduce you to the program and set up your first monthly telephone appointment. At the date and time of your appointment, your designated Certified Medical Assistant will call you to review your health information and to ensure you are following the care plan your doctor has prescribed for you. Your Care Specialist will also discuss your general health and any medical, functional, or environmental needs that may have arisen since your last doctor’s appointment.
The Benefits of HealthWatch™
- At least 20 minutes a month of care management services.
- Monthly phone check-ins to help keep you on track and provide assistance when needed.
- Coordination of care between your pharmacy, specialists, testing centers, hospitals, and more.
- 24/7 access to your care plan via a patient portal.
- Expert assistance with setting and meeting your health goals.
- Access to HealthWatch Partners for discounts on prescriptions and medical supplies.
- Personalized assistance from a dedicated health care professional who will work with you to understand and stay compliant with your care plan.
Contact Us at HealthWatch
If You Are On Medicare and Diagnosed With 2 Or More Qualifying Conditions:
1. A HealthWatch representative will reach out to set up your first appointment.
2. A member of our care team will contact you monthly to address any questions, needs, or concerns you have regarding your health.
3. A report of your phone call will be sent to your Doctor monthly to update them of any symptons and/or medication changes.
Frequently Asked Questions About HealthWatch™
How much does this cost?
As a Medicare beneficiary, Medicare will pay for this service, once your annual deductible is met. Your secondary insurance should cover the 20% ($8) copay, alleviating any out of pocket cost to you. Your provider will file both your Medicare and secondary insurance for these services. There are three secondary insurances who will not cover the $8 copay for CCM.
These insurances are: Humana, Tricare and Optima Health
Any patient that has one of these as a secondary insurance will be liable for the $8 copay for every completed CCM exam.
* Patients must have Medicare as their primary insurance.
How will this benefit me?
Here's a partial list most people find helpful -
Monthly check-ins with a dedicated Care Specialist to help you stay on track, set and meet goals, and receive assistance when needed.
Avoid hospital stays and high out-of-pocket expenses by engaging in more frequent interactions with your care team.
24/7 access to your care plan via a patient portal.
Coordination of care between your pharmacy, specialists, testing centers, hospitals, and more.
Is it mandatory that I participate?
Absolutely not! However, it is recommended that all eligible patients give HealthWatch a try. If you do not find value in this service, you may easily opt out by notifying your Care Specialist at HealthWatch or calling us at the office.
What if I don’t want to be called every month?
You do not need to complete telephone check-ins every single month. You may complete these calls bi-monthly or as you feel necessary. Your Care Specialist may also provide you with patient education resources in between the months you speak over the phone.
Will I still see my doctor?
Absolutely! This service does not replace your doctor visits. You will still need to see your doctor as scheduled.